Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sunny stagnancy

Holy mofo. You'd think that with time off, I'd actually have plans to do things for myself, but...NO. After lunch in my Joe Boxers, I headed upstairs to my room. I packed my bag for my volleyball tourney tonight, and then flipped through a magazine. After that, I was lost. I've literally taken the time to stare at myself in the mirror, stare at the floor of my room, stare at the blank spots on my wall, and stare at the phone. I feel like being active, but I honestly don't know what to do.

Thinking more about it (while staring at the computer screen), it's not so much that I have nothing to do, but rather nothing I want to do. While staring in the mirror, I thought that maybe I could start trying to get a little more in shape for my upcoming trip...but nah. While staring at the floor of my room, I thought that maybe I could get out the vacuum and do a little cleaning...but nah. The walls of my room could be filled and friends could be called...but really, there's no motivation.

Perhaps knowing that now I have time to myself to do whatever I want, I'm taking my time to do it WHEN I want. But that still doesn't make me feel any better. I feel LAZY. Had it been summer, I might have taken off downtown to stroll the streets (probably by the NIKE store in search of the perfect hoodie) or visit the beach in hopes of joining in a beach game or two. Maybe it's the sun's fault for my not knowing what to do with myself today--because it was sunny out I figured I could be more active out of doors...but the truth is it's still too salty and icy to rollerblade on the streets, and so I remained inside. Stuffing my face with Bits and Bites. And Gummiworms. Yum. Having sat here for a bit, I think I'm now going to visit Narnia for a while...while sitting in the sunny spot on the couch.

No comments: