Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Merry Happy Welcome Back

It's been so long I'm surprised I still remember how to work this thing.

November was spontaneous, December was non-stop, and January has just leapt upon me. Too much to bother even TRYING to recap in detail.

In November--the weekend after I last wrote, Sherman stole me away without my knowing it and took me to New York City. We spent the 2 whole days with Boobin seeing the sights, staying up late, and shopping! It was definitely a whirlwind adventure that I'd love to repeat. I still can't believe that Sherman managed to plan this whole thing and organize it without me knowing. It was awesome. I can only imagine what it was like for him to have to follow me around, cancelling all the plans I made for that weekend as I made them. I had to miss a whole TWO DAYS of volleyball for this trip! ...but it was worth it.

December--bluh.

Christmas...


...upon Christmas...


...upon Christmas...


...upon Christmas (click this one for more Boos). There was one more Christmas in there, but I wasn't feeling so hot so I wasn't on the ball with the camera. I don't think I stopped to breathe ONCE that whole month. But again, worth it. It's always nice to finally run into all those who you haven't seen all year. Things got hectic, plans got pushed back, gifts got delayed in the shuffle, but all in all, everything more or less worked out in the end. Lovely. I must admit that I was a little more than disappointed at the lack of a white Christmas this year. I was all hyped up when they announced that "winter snow storm" that was supposed to last for four days straight, "crippling" the city. Man was I peeved when it only snowed for half a day and all was cleared and already melting by the next morning. Poo.

One SHINING point in December came on Boxing Day when by fluke of happenstance, Sherman and I came across PLATINUM tickets for the Leafs game versus the Jersey Devils--we won of course. Anyway, whatever happened in the game didn't matter too much to me as I was just too blown away by the seats we'd come across for our FIRST Leafs game EVER. Take a look. What made it even better was that my co-worker who also worked at the ACC was working that day and sent us free beer and food to our seats. Lovely. However, now that we've gone, we can never go back. My first Leafs game was also my last. Why? How can you top that? Platinum seats, free beer and food. Anything else will be shite in comparison. Except the Leafs--they will always be superb.

Actually, now that I think about it, December wasn't all that bluh. Also in December, Gracu and I got tickets from my aunt last minute to see Bryan Adams in concert--on the eve of the big "snow storm," coincidentally. Anyway, we blindly jumped at the nose-bleed seats to see this free concert. When we got there, our seats turned out to be the second row from the top. Beautiful--when we stood up to move, our heads hit the roof of the ACC. But due to that fact, things could only get better...and boy did they. First off, while purchasing our $4 bottle of Coke, we discovered that Divine Brown was the opening act. And then, via a lot of hustling and bustling and some help from an old friend who happened to be ushering that night, we ended up STAGE SIDE for the whole Bryan Adams part of the concert. He was so close, he sweat on us, and when he walked by at the end, we could (and did) actually touch him. Money. Unfortunately, someone brilliantly decided not to bring her camera that night due to the original nose-bleed seating we were offered. Dumbass.

New Years? What did you do? Me, well, despite some misdirections and misunderstandings before and afterwards, I had an amazing time with Sherman, RoadTo, and Gracu, not to mention Boo, Gennie-boo, and about a BILLION other friends and acquaintances at the York Event Theatre. Not only did we finally manage to check our coats, but we actually caught the countdown, AND found time to drink ourselves into a silly stupor. Celebrate! But, guess who's the dumbass who forgot to bring her camera again? Uber-dumbass. Phrase of the night: "Piss and go, ladies! PISS and GO!"

(We'll just borrow this picture from Boo's photo album...)

And here I am--January. A new year, a new start. Time to start fresh and true. Sometimes it's so hard to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://images14.fotki.com/v247/photos/7/759896/2957677/17-vi.jpg?500396


nuff