Monday, January 09, 2006

A little a day keeps the blahs at bay

Nobody's posting anymore. The holidays are over, so what's the excuse? The after-holiday blahs. Captain Bitter at work explained this the best:
The holidays--for those who enjoy them--are all uplifting and stuff, and you get to go and see all your family and friends and give and get presents and party the season away. But then there's after. After the holidays, nobody gets to see anybody anymore. You have to go back to work, you realize you have no money, you have to pay off all those bills you racked up over the season, and you have no more excuses to party, and you're terribly hung over or sick anyway. Man, I can't wait until January 31st!
And that's Captain Bitter for you. I admit, I haven't written much myself, but that's mostly because I've been too busy or too exhausted to do so. You only get the "blahs" if you let yourself. I'm far from that. I make what I can of the little things--the little bit of sunshine this afternoon (it peeked out from under the cloud-line--the casual stroll down Bloor Street in the not-so-cold weather, the house that still had its tasteful Christmas lights up, the random comment made to me about having great "mommy-potential"...it's the little things that keep the blahs away.

What also helps keep the blahs away, are trips into the sunshine--DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, here I come!!! :)

No comments: