Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The sound of silence

Sitting in a very quiet house, you only want to do very quiet things. TV and video games are definitely out; even the tapping of the keys sounds too loud.

I woke up fairly early this morning and managed not to fall right back to sleep. My eye popped open and that was that. But not having much on my agenda, I refused to get out of bed and instead started re-reading my blog. Man, I used to write so much. I guess I still do, but it just seemed so condensed before.

I read and remembered the good, the bad, and the wonderful. I laughed out loud, I cried a little, and I skipped a few entries because I didn't know what to think of them anymore. 2 hours later, I consented to climbing out from under the covers to face the day. Not always the most pleasant chore.

I got up, took a shower, ate, cleaned up a little, and then flopped back onto the couch to do very little. I told you, it's been a quiet house.
...

On a side note.

If (heaven forbid) I should die anytime soon, please do not start a FB page for me using the acronym "R.I.P." anywhere on it. You may wish me to rest in peace, but please do not do so using those letters. It feels like I'd be turned into a haunted soul who wanders near my tombstone bearing those letters at night. I dunno. Maybe that's just how I feel.

No offence to anyone who's already got that on their page...

2 comments:

k said...

I think I like your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Title of great song too. - Boo