Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Slips

    "Does he even know about me at all?"
    "No. I mean, yes."
...

I'd like to think that if someone really wants something, they'll move mountains to make it happen. You know, like move across the world.
...

It figures. Just as everyone falls in, I fall out. I worked so hard, fought so many, gave up so much, and just as it finally comes to fruition, I'm the one that fails.

I've been told time and again that I should take up teaching or this or that because I have so much patience. So much patience and a demeanor that doesn't drive people away, but encourages them to stay and keep at it. That doesn't put pressure on perfection, only personal accomplishment. And you know what? They're right. I do have a lot of patience, but even I have to admit, that as much patience as I may have, I too, have a breaking point.
...

This past Friday, I organized a cousins' night. I organized a cousins' night, and invited an AWOL favourite uncle to be the special guest. I haven't laughed so hard and so uninhibitedly in a very long time.

No comments: