Friday, January 15, 2010

Because it's...

Volleyball cures everything. I was super peeved the other night, but then headed to volleyball, and all peeved-ness was forgotten. I bashed some balls, I hit the floor, I laughed at myself and at my teammates, and I felt better. In fact, when I was later faced with what I'd been peeved at in the first place, I was caught off guard and had to remember to be peeved again.

And then tonight, I was super tired. I guess the itis hit me from chowing down on a heap of pasta before practice. But heck, we started running and passing and digging and hitting and man, I forgot I was tired. In fact, despite the vigorous practice we had tonight (good job, ladies!) I left the gym with more energy than I'd had going in.

This is why I could never give it up. I admit, I tried to cut back a lot over the last two years, trying to discover what life was like (with someone) outside of volleyball, and yet, I still couldn't just give it up completely. If an entire week went by without volleyball, I'd survive, but I'd know something was missing. It's a part of me. I can't deny it. And I never will.

No comments: