Monday, January 04, 2010

How many to fix a CO monitor?

The late hours were flying by as we lounged on the couches and caught up. It wasn't until well after midnight when we heard it.

*beep*

    "What was that?"

*beep*

    "Oh, it's the carbon monoxide alarm upstairs."

*beep*

    "Why is it beeping?"

*beep*

    "I don't know. It's not out of battery because it's wired into the house's electricity, and I don't think we're emitting that much CO--it just does that from time to time. Sometimes if I open the window up there, it helps."

*beep*

And so a window was open and some time was let to pass.

*beep*

    "It's still beeping."

*beep*

    "Feel free to go up and take a look. I've never been able to figure it out, and all the house builders can't seem to remember who put it there in the first place."

*beep*

And so, one left to investigate.

*beep beep beep*

    "I'm trying something!"

*beep beep beep*

    "Is there a better chair I can stand on?"

*beep beep beep*

    "Can someone pull up the manual off the internet for this thing?"

*beep beep beep*

    "I need a screwdriver!"

*beep beep beep*

Two Engineers, an Honours BA, and 2 MBAs later, TC just ripped that thing from the ceiling.

    "I feel better now."

And so, our catching up resumed sans beeping carbon monoxide alarm.

No comments: