Thursday, October 04, 2007

Disturbing some stool

"What I say has nothing to do with what's in my heart."
...

Listening to the Kanye Graduation Album isn't the same if it's not in the car with my boys jammin' away in the front.

A little while ago, I began to give into the admission that I do indeed rely on liquid bravery to do things I would otherwise pretend to be adverse to. The hope is that someday soon I will have my own courage to do those things without needing a catalyst.
...

He embraced her amongst the lights. They held on a moment longer than they should have. While she knew it didn't matter, the few drinks she'd had that night made her bold. She leaned in towards his ear.
    "Where is she tonight?"
    "I didn't bring her." His lips brushed her cheek and ear when he replied.
    "Why not? Isn't it all good with you two?"
    "It is, but..."
    "But...?"
    "C'mon, you know you still are the best."
His words didn't exactly surprise her, but it was something she had needed to hear. She smiled to herself, and as their bodies parted and melded back into the crowd, their hands held on until they could reach each other no longer.

...

Guiltily, I spent the night watching old Britney Spears videos, and reminiscing about the days when I used to be bombarded by these by her biggest fan. That was before youtube when you actually had to download the videos to watch them. That was adoration.

Notch.
...

    "I don't so much have an archive as I do a list of 'what-ifs'."
    "I know what you mean. I hate the 'what-ifs.' If I have anything to do with it from now on, I won't have anymore of those. So far, so good."
...

As I recall I know you love to show off
But I never thought that you would take it this far
What do I know? (Flashing Lights)
What do I know? (Flashing Lights)

As you recall you know I love to show off
But you never thought that I would take it this far
What do you know? (Flashing Lights)
What do you know? (Flashing Lights)

...

There was a talk recently that asserted that relationships could only be successfully started between people if those two were on the same page of the relationship book. If they met eye to eye on what they wanted out of the other person, then by all means it is a green light to go diving in head first. If not, then all signs point to coming to a screeching halt...but sometimes it's not so easy for some to hit the brakes.
...

I think I'm still awake because in the back of my head, there's something missing from my life. I can't quite put my finger on it. Or perhaps because it's missing, I can't put my arm around it in order to comfortably fall asleep.

I admit I'm still in rehab--I can't deny it. But I'd like to believe that I am recovering much better and faster than average. It helps to have such a great support system and so much bluntly delivered advice.
...

"I think I would love you, but I can't."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I open-eyed-ly admit that I'm always excited to make cameos in your entries. Nuff.