Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Quote of the Moment:

"Everything is the way it is because everything was the way it was."
    --Jonathan Safran Foer, "Everything is Illuminated"
...

As I was just telling RoadTo today, I believe that my method for successfully getting through a book nowadays is by starting it twice. I've noticed that of the last few books I've read on my own, I've had to start two of the last three of them twice before actually getting to the end. It's not that they're not good or anything, but just that I get so distracted by other activities or even other books before returning to finish what I've started, and then by that time, I'll usually just begin anew to make sure that I've got my story straight so far. Anyway, if that's the case, then my next two successful reads should be Wicked and Neuromancer. I can't wait...again!
...

I woke up this morning without a shirt and missing two of my four earrings. Ever wonder at night where our minds go and whether our bodies follow?

No comments: