Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Yay Cold Weather

"Whoa, what happened to your forehead?"

Wouldn't it just make your day to have someone say something like this to you upon your first meeting of the day? Flattering, isn't it?

I can't help my eczema, people! And to think that I thought today was a pretty good face-day.
...

Tick...Tick...Tick...

I am completing my fourth year of university. I work at a crappy, part-time job with no benefits. I live at home. I drive my parents' car. I stay out late and worry mostly about such pettiness as when the next time I'll play volleyball is. I am 22-years old.

At the same age, my mother had finished school and attained her hairdressing license. She held a full-time job with benefits. She lived on her own. She drove her own car. She stayed up late, probably worrying about not-so-petty-things such as her up coming wedding.

She was married at age 23. She had her first child (me) and had moved at least twice by 24.

Ever compare your biological clock with those of your parents'?

Tick...tick...tick...

No comments: