Friday, November 19, 2004

What A Rush

Tonight's Brodder's commencement. The graduatation procession starts at 7pm. Being the graduate SAC President, he had to be there for 6:15pm. He got home from the Loo at 6:35pm. Rushing around like a headless chicken, Brodder managed to get ready in record time and was bouncing by the door ready to leave by 6:45pm. Unfortunately, my mother was not as fast as him in her preparations for the evening...

Mom - "I have to get my pants."
Bro - "You don't need pants!" *bounces by the door*

Mom - "Which shoes should I wear?"
Bro - "You don't need shoes!" *stuffs pockets with packs of gum and random other articles*

Mom - "Don't you need a jacket?"
Bro - "No time for jacket." *opens the door to leave*

Mom - "Do we have a camera?"
Bro - "Dad already took it."
Mom - "We should take another one."
Bro - "No we shouldn't!" *runs out the door and down the stairs to the car*

Mom - "Where are my keys?"
Bro - "I have them!"
Mom - "What's in my purse?"
Bro - "Find out in the car!!!"
Mom - "Okay, I guess we're ready to go."
Bro - *already in the car with the engine running*

*sigh* It's good to have the household back to normal again...

No comments: