Sunday, May 16, 2004

Summer Colours

Bronze
I have a tan. Heavens above, I have a tan! I usually remain pasty white for the whole summer, but yet, five days of beautiful, sunny weather and I've already become somewhat bronzed. It might have something to do with the fact that I do NOTHING during the days anymore as I am unemployed (but looking!), and unfortunately, as Squiggly points out, while I get tanned, he gets paid--a perception that almost takes all the fun out of lying in the sun. :( Sometimes I think it's almost worth it though: heading clubbing on Friday, my beautifully bronzed skin was enough to make a driver miss the fact that the light had already changed to green as he was too busy inspecting me for any tan lines (which I know for a fact he could find none). That was pretty gratifying for a girl that rarely gets any attention otherwise. ;)

Yellow
I was at Tim Horton's earlier today catching an Ice Cappuccino with Hun-Gee before he headed out for the week, and I noticed a couple of yellow cars parked next to each other outside. I think the drivers were friends because they were standing next to their cars, chatting, laughing, and having a good time as their cars sparkled in the sunlight. As nice as their cars looked out there, I knew they weren't those people who meet to talk about their cars and what they've done to them because they owned two fairly different cars: a Mitsubishi Lancer and a Nissan 240, but both sexily yellow.

Even though they hadn't necessarily met to talk about their cars, it got me thinking; what if people had car meets not to compare modifications to their similarly branded cars (Civic meets, Protegé meets), but to compare the colours of their cars--yellow car meets, red car meets, etc. That would be so cool. If you've ever seen a car meet, you know that the meeting cars and drivers can pretty well fill a parking lot, so can you just imagine if all the cars were the same colour? That would be hot. No matter what colour car I drove, I'd show up to the Yellow-car meets--yellow cars and their drivers are usually quite sexy...unless they drive yellow Mazda Protegé5s...those are SO done.

White
White is my favourite colour to wear in the summer--not only does it keep you cool, but it accentuates any bronzing you may have acquired in the sunshine. That, and white goes with anything. I don't think I could ever own enough white articles of clothing. The only downfall to white clothes is that they have to be washed separately from all your other clothes so therefore it may be a little while before you get to wear your favourite white shrit or pants again after they head down to the laundry room. My next planned purchase of white: that bikini from La Vie en Rose. Oh, and a sheer white cotton t-shirt from AE. And a pair of white sandals couldn't be bad. And a white skirt would be nice too...as well as...hehehe...

Blue
Blue skies mean good times. Blue skies also mean time to get outside and get active! Squiggly and I took advantage of the sunny yet cool weather this afternoon to strap on our matching rollerblades and matching wristguards (we swear all of our matching gear was purely coincidental) and went for a round of the neighbourhood on the blades while we chatted. Sure it was brief, but as he pointed out, we probably would've talked sooner or later for a bit on the phone today, so it might as well have been while we were doing something rather than just sitting inside. And just as an FYI, our matching wristguards are also blue. :)

No comments: