Wednesday, May 05, 2004

*Huge Sigh Of Relief*

I just checked my mark online for the course in which I had that essay worth 70% of my final mark; the other 30% of the mark was participation and as I managed to miss about half of all the classes, this essay mark was going to be the deciding factor of whether I passed or not. Up until now, I had never failed a course, and up until now, I had never encountered a course so weighted on a single assignment.

As I typed in my student number and password, my stomach started to toss and turn on itself. As I waited for my transcript page to load up, my palms started to sweat. And as I slowly scrolled down the page to find my mark, I swear my eye twitched. Finally, I saw my mark--I passed!!! Thank goodness, and it wasn't even an eking by kind of mark, I actually did fairly well overall (though I still don't feel the need to actually POST my mark ;) ). Whew, thank goodness. So far, so good, and if this keeps up, my academic status will continue to read: "In good standing." Whoo-hoo!
...

And now comes the decision of whether to actually bother going to sleep now at all. Brodder already came in to my room about twenty minutes ago to ask me "is there really any point?" But in the end, he decided to force himself to catch what sleep he could--he IS still in school, afterall. I, on the other hand, am not still in school...I'm sure I can still find stuff online to read and if not, then I can start providing people with uncalled for wake-up calls. :)

No comments: