Tuesday, May 18, 2004

He Loves Me

Today is Bar's birthday (Happy Birthday, Bar!) and he's going to be having dinner at his favourite sushi restaurant. It's a small little place, owned and operated by the single chef there, Ken, but it's the best place around, and consequently my own favourite sushi restaurant as well. Over the years, Bar and I have gotten to know Ken and Ken has gotten to know us. Since we know he's the only chef there and Bar's expecting twelve or more people to dinner, we thought we'd give Ken a heads up that he was going to have a big group. And so, I gave him a call last night to let him know just that.

    Me - Hi Ken, it's melody. It's Bar's birthday tomorrow and we're coming to dinner! There'll be about 12 - 15 of us arriving there at 7:30.
    Ken - Okay. Wow, big party, eh?
    Me - Hehehe, yeah. We don't want to stress you out too much tomorrow or have you over worked so we wanted to let you know in advance. And can we pre-order some stuff too so that you won't be so rushed?
    Ken - Of course! What would you like to order?
    Me - *tells him our load of pre-ordered sushi selections* Okay?
    Ken - Yes, alright. That's tomorrow, 7:30, and thank you for letting me know--this is great; I love you!
    Me - Oh, okay, no problem! Thanks Ken!
    Ken - Thank you!

(He tells me he loves me and all I say is "thank you"--I feel like Emily from that F·R·I·E·N·D·S episode)

He's so great; can you see why he's my favourite sushi chef? I can't wait till dinner tonight!!!

2 comments:

IANW said...

You forgot to mention how dinner went! -1 point for you.

melody said...

For your information, I did not forget, I chose to to say--was the title of the post "How my dinner was"?! No, it was "He Loves Me"--therefore the post was about my sushi chef loving me. Don't try to bully me. :p