Saturday, May 08, 2004

Oh Mother

My mother has tension in her jaw and consequently in her cheek muscles. So, in her brilliant plan to relieve this tension, she's plastered the Dr. HO electric masseur to her face and is letting it work its twitchy magic, much to the rest of the family's amusement. Seriously, I can't even look at her right now without bursting out into hysterical laughter, and as we all know, my laughter is anything but quiet. But I can't help it, she looks absolutely ridiculous! Unfortunately, she won't allow me to take a picture of any of her involuntary expressions, and as this IS mother's day weekend, I feel inclined to obey, but really, it's hilarious. Just imagine a pervvy old man slyly winking at you yet at the same time sneering with only one side of his face and then multiply the simultaneous sneer and wink by about 100times/minute. My mother is neither pervvy nor an old man, but that's the best description I can get. Oh man...I think my gut is going to burst. :)