Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Jabbering Randomly For The Fourth Time

I am thoroughly addicted to the Kill Bill Vol. 2 Soundtrack. It's short--just over 45 minutes long--but I've kept it on repeat for the past few days and nights that I've owned it. Of course I have my two favourite tracks--"About Her" by Malcolm Mclaren and "Goodnight Moon" by Shivaree--that I could put on repeat by themselves--and I've done just that--but the whole album is so good too. Especially if you've seen the movie; you can just see the scenes everytime you hear the songs. Well, I can at least.

Because I showered and then went for a walk right afterwards with the sun and warm breeze, I am having a GREAT hair day today.

There's some construction going on in my neighbourhood; they're re-doing the water mains. The debris is actually quite scary to weave through on rollerblades as I discovered today. But the big thing is that they're turning off my water tomorrow (today) starting at 9am until 5pm, and as we know, I don't wake up until AFTER 9am which may pose a problem for me. So if you see me tomorrow (today) before 5pm, you might NOT want to do that...who knows if I'll have brushed my teeth by then?

Saw Starsky and Hutch tonight--"Do it! Just do it!"

I posted a while ago about my love for lightning and thunder storms--especially the ones that take place at night. I think nature learned about this fact about me, and has decided to tease me. Last night I was at Tim's with Tuna and I kept catching glimpses of lightning outside, but there was no accompanying thunder. I couldn't actually be sure that there was any lightning either, because Tuna insisted that he saw nothing. And then as I mentioned earlier, I heard thunder outside, yet there was neither any lightning or rain for that matter...there wasn't even anymore thunder after those first 4 times. Finally, last week Thursday, I was on my way to tutoring when I saw this HUGE bolt of lightning tear down the sky and touchdown somewhere behind me (I witnessed this in the reflection of the car's rear window in front of me), which was followed by a deafening clap of thunder so loud I jumped and let out a bit of a yelp, even though I was expecting it (this clap was so loud, Hun-Gee, way out west somewhere on the 401 heard it). But after that one and only show of force, there was nothing. I want a show! Why else would I have such a big window in my room? It sure isn't for people to look IN through, I'll tell you that.

I swear I am going to start working out...tomorrow.

Dress shopping tomorrow, dinner on Wednesday, volleyball fees on Thursday, clubbing on Friday. Saving money? What is this? Job search needs to start last month.

I know that soon smokers will be restricted to smoking outdoors, but then what will us non-smokers do for a breath of fresh air? Will we be forced to have to step indoors to avoid the smoky atmosphere? And you know what else? Any one who does go outside to enjoy the outdoors, looks out of place if they're not smoking. At the last tournament that I played in, the gym was boiling hot and I decided to step outside to cool off, but because I was neither searching for reception nor wielding a cigarette in either of my hands, I was the one that looked out of place. Thank goodness non-smoking Jeffy appeared to keep me company, but other than that, I would have just headed back inside for fear of being looked at funny for my healthy habit.

I have a wedding to go to (hence the dress shopping) the last weekend of this month--the same weekend that I've been asked to play in two volleyball tournaments. As much as would love to socialize with all of these relatives that are way older than me and whom I barely know, I WANT TO PLAY BEACH VOLLEYBALL!!! Oh, and go to Queen's with Tuna... But yeah, I WANT HALF-NAKED MEN WITH HARD BODIES GLISTENING WITH SWEAT IN THE SUN TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL!!! :)

Shaky called me a blog whore on MSN last night. I am not. As much as I'd like them to, nobody's paying me to blog. Any enjoyment I provide is unfortunately free.

1 comment:

IANW said...

Free is good. Unless its free advice you don't want.