Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Tail

Somewhere Out There is THE song from the ages old cartoon, An American Tail that's just oh so sappy and sad that you can't help but think of it when you're apart from someone you're gushy over.


Somehow (probably because it was so popular back then) my grade 6 class sang it for our graduation. I think we were setting a precedent because before our graduating class, no one had ever thought to make it ceremonious at all. We were the first class to sing, award plaques, cry (yes, one girl, SW, at the tender age of 12, cried over having to part with maybe 3 of her classmates), and have all of our parents (and I think the rest of the school) there to watch.

For years afterwards, being the always-looking-for-love adolescent I was, I remembered every single word of that song, it coming to mind whenever I was indeed, thinking about someone that was somewhere out there.

Beyond those digressions, I needed this song a little lately.
...

Somewhere Out There - An American Tail

Somewhere out there
beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me
and loving me tonight

Somewhere out there
someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another
in that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very
far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing
on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing
a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath
the same big sky

Somewhere out there
if love can see us through
Then we'll be together
somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

2 comments:

dimps said...

an american tail and the land before time...two of best movies ever growing up. oh and maybe all dogs go to heaven. :)

melody said...

You know, I don't know that I ever watched All Dogs to to Heaven in its entirety...I think a good cartoon classic should be on the playlist for the next movie night!