Thursday, March 13, 2008

While in the kitchen

  • It's lonely cooking for one.

  • My future home is going to have a full set of (matching) silverware, but about a billion extra teaspoons. Company's best when you've got good drinks to warm you from the inside too.

  • Until my place becomes the party place, a dishwasher seems a luxury.

  • I am too easily distracted from cooking when there's blogging I can do.

  • Week-old leftovers are always still fair-game; expiry dates are only suggestions to get the stock moving.

  • Coffee grinder and percolator are m.u.s.t.s.

  • Kitchens must have a penisula if not an island.

  • My kitchen will have stainless steel appliances.

  • I like washing chopsticks when there's a whole wad of them; I like the sound they make when they rub together.

  • With rubber gloves, I can wash with immeasurably hot water--mother would be proud.

  • Kitchens are where the warmest things happen; meals, drinks, and conversation. It's where I come for a good dose of soul food--and I'm glad that others feel compelled to join me here too.

No comments: