Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ho-humming around the house

The Christmas decorations have been long taken down, but have not been properly put away--they're still being temporarily stored in the salon. This displacement caused mom and dad to do hair-stuff up in the kitchen this weekend. Dad donned an apron and for a moment it was toss up as to whether he was going to style mom's hair or cook it. Mom only had to throw the bird once, and it wasn't even at dad.

Dad spent the other part of the weekend cleaning Brodder's room for him while mom did the reading room. My room still looks like the remains of a tornado strike. However, the intent is for me to vacuum the room while the floor is devoid of dirty laundry with my non-water filtered, steal-of-a-deal vacuum from Costco that I can probably return at any moment for a full refund.

I scrubbed and sprayed the upstairs bathroom this evening so that I could then wash my hair, then soak in a prescribed bath from my GP. After the whole ordeal, I decided to wax my legs in the downstairs bathroom, not because I didn't want to mess up my clean bathroom, but because by then I'd needed a change of scenery--insofar as bathrooms were concerned. I would have done my legs in the salon, but we already know that story.

Mom bought new night-lights for around the house that change colours every 13 (or so) seconds. Now the nights in my home are like nights in a slow-motion disco.

Even when the heat's turned down at night to save energy, my house is still incredibly warm. Like, shorts and tank-top warm. And yet, here I am fending off the early symptoms of a cold. As if I haven't taken enough time off of work already.

Quirks and quarks, oddities and all, it's home.

No comments: