Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Not even love

    "Would you ever tell me if you fell in love with someone else?"
    "There is no one else; I love you."
    "I know that now, but would you tell me if you fell in love with another?"
    "Yes."
    "Thank you."

...

Nothing is forever. Many things come close, but in the end, it's best to be honest--I would prefer painful honesty over hurtful lies.

Someone I loved once told me that if anyone was to find themselves wandering into the affections of another, it was because not everything was right at home; you could only blame yourself for not keeping your home in order. It seemed so sorrowfully venerable coming from him as he himself had found himself with the consequences of such an unkempt home.

I'd want be told to my face that I was being a slob and that other houses were more inviting. That way, I could either clean up my act, or take out the trash.

No comments: