Tuesday, March 04, 2008

In the Sleepy Monster's clutches

Why is it that last night, with no other late-night obligations, I crawled into bed at 10:30pm--the earliest in a LONG time--and slept through to this morning (even a little late) and yet here I am at my desk, falling asleep?!

I am seriously on a burn-out. I just want to say 'no' to everything that comes across my plate. I want to call in sick every morning for the extra sleep. I want to skip all commitments in the evening so that I can just catch-up on everything (ask me when the last time I vacuumed was). I want to do all of that, but in the end, I can't because one day or night off from anything and I'll fall hopelessly behind.

But then, there are the littlest things that keep me going. Making it to tier 3. Eating dinner all together. Curling up on the couch for even just a moment. The simplest things make me forget the exhaustion and remind me that all of it is worth it.

1 comment:

ehbaba said...

TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3! TIER 3!