Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Late night rambling

I love that I can be so melodramatic with my writing. As Dimps said:

    "It is most of your name as it is anyway. It only makes sense."

And it DOES. Who knew writing about the act of changing of bedsheets could be both so charged and dramatic? Melo-dramatic, that is.
...

This weekend, I watched a man pick his nose, and proceed to use that same hand to dig through the pile of mushrooms that were on sale.

I also watched a small child burst out of a candy store and come threateningly close to throwing a full-bodied tantrum on the mall floor. It was thwarted when his father burst out after him and scooped him up to take him back inside with the words:
    "Okay, okay, just joking!"
My mother would have just let me try to throw a tantrum as she walked on without me, telling me she'd wait for me in the car. That or she would have threatened to count to 3, and by 1 and a pause, I'd be up and dry-eyed, as candy-less as a dentist's office.

Finally, I saw a movie that I probably shouldn't have seen (but who could resist such stringability?) and left convinced that its infamous writer wrote the whole movie around a SINGLE line that must have come to him in his sleep--and he woke up the next morning convinced he'd just had an epiphany needed to be shared with the world. Some people just don't wake up sometimes...

"Live for nothing, or die for something."
    --Rocky Balboa I mean, John Rambo

Seriously. Oh. My. Gay.

Fact: until now, I had no idea why they called him Rambo. It was as Epic as the movie experience with Hero Cookie. You know, the one where I had to throw popcorn at him because he FELL ASLEEP. It almost feels a little weird to think now that I watched a movie of equally epic proportions without that Thundering Chicken of a presense.
...

Le dernier film pour la nuit de films des femmes, nous regardons "Paris, Je T'aime," mais je n'aime pas le film parce que je ne comprende pas beaucoup des histoires. Et, le film est dans francais! Nous avons lire les captions! Mais, c'est la nuit de films des femmes, et c'est toujours un bonne temps. J'aime mes femmes.

(It's probably most horrendous because I only looked up "stories." Go grade 9 French!)

No comments: