Thursday, February 01, 2007

The 6 weirdest things about me

Mimmers tagged me a while back and I really HAVE been meaning to write this blog--it's just finding the time to get in front of the computer. But tomorrow, that will alllllllll change!
  1. I have a third eyebrow.
    Many have noticed this before and have tried to find a nice way to explain to me that they think I went a little wonky on plucking my eyebrows, but the fact is, I didn't. It's really a third eyebrow, separate from the other two that everyone is accustomed to seeing on a person's face. My mom's convinced it "sprouted" from a drop of something medicinal that she remembers the doctors accidentally dripping onto my face in that vicinity the day I was born...

  2. I suffer from genuphobia--I have a fear of knees.
    I know I've written about this before, but it's weird so it's gotta make an appearance again here, doesn't it? Seeing knees, hearing about knees, touching knees, having my knees touched--it all freaks me out to the point of hysteric tears. It's such an odd reaction that I tend to laugh at myself between sobs--who cries over knees? But my genuphobia only strikes when my knees are straight. When my knees are bent--go to town.

  3. I have no ass.
    I realize that this is a common occurrence, especially amongst asian females, but how many of those ass-less females have a name for their non-appendage? My voided ass is familiarly known between my friends and I as my "thwaist"--where my thighs and my waist connect. I once stood next to another asian female friend of mine, and from the side, observers could clearly see her ass overshadow my own. I think I have a picture of that somewhere...

  4. Whistling along to songs is a no-no.
    You could have the most heart-breakingly beautiful ability to whistle, but it won't matter two poos to me. It just hits right down to the core of my annoyance centre when people whistle over the words.
    "Hey, who sings this song?"
    "---so-and-so artist---"
    "Yeah, let's try to keep it that way."
    Please notice that there is a differentiation. I develop a nervous tic when people whistle ALONG with songs, not when someone's just whistling in general. If nothing's on but the ditty on your lips, again, go to town.

  5. I can get extremely possessive and territorial.
    Unless you have my permission, don't touch my stuff. Don't touch my stuff, don't borrow my stuff, don't move things out of their place. It's not funny to doodle things on MY possessions, even if I was probably going to do the same thing anyway. And don't stay in my personal space too long. It's not about my personal bubble, it's about my room, my house, my office, my car...things that are mine are NOT yours. I'm sure you're all thinking that everyone has their moments and can be like this too, but I find I become the bristling dog on the chain all too often, often enough that I've gotten even better at hiding it. (Secretly, I imagine my hairs on the back of my neck stand on end at the first sign of territory invasion before I officially go Super Saiyan on the intruder's ass--too nerdy a reference? That's okay.)

  6. I am number dyslexic.
    Words, I'm awesome with. Numbers, I suck. I would read "247" as "two-seventy-four." "3493" would become "three nine four three," and even "143" would probably come out as "four three one." Heck, I'd probably f-up something like "101" I'm that bad. It's better to let me write the numbers down, rather than read them to you. Along the same lines I always screw up left and right, east and west when giving directions; I always blurt out the opposite way than the one I mean. If you're the one in the car with me, it's probably better to watch which way I point, rather than listen to the way I direct.
There, that's done. I don't have any honourable mentions, but don't think that that's because I don't believe there's nothing weird about it. I may be conceited, but I'm not vain.

Honourable Mentions:

February 2, 2007
  • I don't often take the time to think things through before blurting them out. I've publicly and wrongfully accused people of farts they didn't commit, I've dissed names seconds before a happy mother announces it as her choice for her newborn, I've rubbed it in a little too much...and well, the list goes on and continues to grow.

  • When embarrassed or thinking of an embarrassing moment, I'll blurt out random sounds or hum random notes. As though the noise will drown out the actions or memories.

  • I like eating the eyeballs out of steamed fish. To the point where I'd dive for it if I think anyone else will beat me to it. As if.

February 11, 2007
  • I can drink the water from a from a week-old (opened) water bottle, the kitchen tap, a public water fountain, a garden hose, but I cannot drink a glup of water poured from the bathroom faucet.

    Brushing teeth is okay, gargling is okay, all that...but I just can't bring myself to actually drink it. It's always been like that. I CAN do it if I have to, but I always have a really hard time, and it's only if I must. I have a hard enough time just consuming any liquids while in the bathroom (like if I'm cleaning, and I need a drink from the kitchen, I can't bring it into the bathroom to drink). How's that one for weird?

No comments: