Monday, August 07, 2006

Not like when it was Easy

What a poor blogger I make. I sell out to one crappy job that I'm at only for the money, and even though I have my own, unsupervised use of an internet connected computer, I haven't blogged in weeks.

On my first day at work, I was all excited, hoping to become one of those faithful to get busted at work for blogging on company time, but no, not a peep from me. I'll admit I tried once, about my second day in, but to no avail, simply due to the fact that my strict work ethic (and my conscience) got the better of me. I'm going to put it down to the fact that this is a busy time for the company and that I'm being kept occupied to the point that I can't seem to spare a moment to jot a note down...but I'm hoping that will change this week.

This week, my supervisor is on vacation! Wooooooot!

So, what do I do? Whatever is needed. I think my official title there is "receptionist." How thrilling. Though I think I'm going to have to SERIOUSLY protest if they ask me to do the dishes once more. I only did it the first time because I was too tired upon my return from
New York with my Tigers to have been coherent enough to complain. We got back at 4:30am, I was up for work at 7:30am. Yeah, that was my first day--soooooooooo worth NYC.

Anyway, so my duties include a LOT of order processing (which takes up pretty much my WHOLE day), making coffee (which I've done...twice), mailing letters (meh--a moderate amount), and answering phone messages (which I've forgotten to do a couple of times...at least). As of July 24th, I began my job and my three months probation--but to be honest, I don't even know if I'll stay that long.

Though the thought of actually having benefits of my own and getting to visit my dentist for the first time in probably a year is very appealing, this job isn't really worth that. I mean, it's not like it's a hard job or very taxing or anything, it's just not really any fun. After having been in the customer service industry for 10 years, getting to meet and work with new people everyday, this monotonous office job is killing me. I mean, if I at least got to answer the phones and talk to the people calling me before they left a message, I MIGHT have a different POV, but I don't, so I'm going stir-crazy.

It's sad, but it's true. I miss my old job at the Easy. *shudder*

But though I shudder, I knew that was going to happen.

No comments: