Thursday, August 10, 2006

It can only get better

Yesterday I thought I'd treat myself to a Timmy's on the way to work since I'd left the house early enough. Bad decision. I got there, saw the drive-through line was short, and pulled into line. Worse decision.

It took me 10 minutes just to buy a coffee and a croissant.

At first I sat in my car and grumbled at the thought of people lining up for drive-through in order to buy enough to feed their whole office at once. But as I sat there a little longer, I watch the people place their orders fast enough at the speaker, but then have to wait an eon before inching up to the window. And then I watched one of the employees come out of the back door to slowly don a pair of gloves and a traffic vest in order to sweep up the garbage that no one had had the chance to litter out of their window yet that day.

*Growl*

To top it all off, after I finally got my breakfast, raced to work, and squealed into a parking spot, my coffee got knocked over as I was reaching for my bag and fell top down onto the floor of the car.

*blech*

Oh, and to top all of that off, there was a client waiting to be let into the office by me in order to drop off some paperwork--a client with the WORST B.O. EVER. Nice guy, really, but he just reeks! Talk about starting your day off on the wrong foot; the rest of the day just followed the same, miserable suit.

*sigh*

Today wasn't all that much better. It took me 5 hours to do something that should have taken me only 1, just because my boss decided that he didn't like the address labels after he'd approved them 3 days ago. I stayed 2 extra hours today to try to get myself organized and I'm still in disarray.

Optimistically: because of my boss' indecision, I taught myself to photoshop today.

And bonus: Adam the air-conditioner guy came in today, just to say "hi" and smile at me.

Today wasn't that bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it really did balance out itself out. Nice but ouch, how did you clean up the coffee?

Anonymous said...

reading back - omg i would have SO taken your tv!! lol but glad it went to a good home :)

and where are you working now missy? sorry i am soo behind on reading your blog, i've sold out to my job too :(