Thursday, January 01, 2004

And A New One It Is!

Happy New Year everyone! What did YOU do to ring it in? I don't know about you, but I was at work. I was at work with Dawson trying to figure out where $215 went during the course of the night. I was also very hungry and tired, but antsy to leave. I felt a little guilty about tearing out of there shortly after we'd closed the reports and all, but I was late as it was, I had a friend waiting, my shift was officially over, and there wasn't really anything left to do. And if Dawson really needed me to stay, friendship aside, he could've said so. It would've been only the second time this week that I'd have had to keep someone waiting in order for Dawson and I to get things in order. *sigh* The end of February is still too far away...

After tearing out of there, Squig and I left to meet Boo and her boo, and from there, we headed to Boo's boo's boos's to booze and schmooze a bit. It was just the right amount of personal/impersonalness that I needed to start the year. Not exactly an out and out house party, but not exactly staying at home (or work) to quietly countdown--though I had really missed the countdown altogether.

Missing the countdown sucks, let me tell you. At work, I didn't even have an accurate second-hand to countdown by! The best I had was Squig's cellphone clock which was digital and didn't provide us with any seconds by which to correctly announce the coming of the New Year. *sigh* Dawson didn't even seem to care. I mean, I know it's important for our numbers and amounts to match up at the end of the night, but had he shown just a LITTLE more interest in the fact that I was trying to be enthusiastic about the occasion that I'd sacrificed by being at work, I would've been slightly more willing to stay the extra time to help balance all the reports. (Can anyone tell that I wasn't thrilled about how my Midnight moments were spent?)

Missing your Midnight kiss also sucks too. I air-pecked Squig at what we assumed to be Midnight, but that was nothing. Hun-Gee being in Montreal and all left me with little choice here at home. :( But he's promised to kiss me as soon as he gets back...as soon as he gets back and counts down from 10, that is. Just to make it seem a little more authentic.

I feel like I've missed the holiday season altogether this year. As Boo pointed out, there weren't as many warm fuzzy feelings at the thought of Christmas this year. There was no snow. There weren't enough decorations. There wasn't enough time to shop. There wasn't the usual excitement and anticipation of gift exchanges. There weren't any huge party plans for the New Year. There wasn't an official countdown. There wasn't a Midnight kiss. There was no crazy party amidst a crowd of loud people. Where did this holiday season go? Come back Holiday Season, I missed you!

No comments: