Friday, January 09, 2004

TOP SECRET BLOG DAY Part 2

Okay, this was supposed to be a really fun and exciting blog about my day morning 2 hours at my mom's work. It was a lot of fun, it really was...after I got away from mom's office, that is. Mom works for an animation company--they're animating a big-time movie of the Finding Nemo sorts, but of course you didn't hear that from me. ;)

Ms. Snuffalupagus came in and stole me from mom's desk after about an hour of me just sitting there, watching her read her email. Ms. S took me around for a tour, after quickly stopping by her work team to tell them she was "going to the bathroom." I want a job like that--1/2 hour bathroom breaks at spontaneous moments of the morning. So she took me upstairs and showed me the animating floor, the gaffers, the renderers, the texturizers, the...you know all the names that you usually ignore at the end of the movie credits? Well, I MET those people! It was so cool.

Everyone seemed to have 2 or more monitors at their workstation (not to mention the novelty-sized GIMONGOUS bottles of alcohol) and tons of toys and models and stuff littering the rest of the area. Funny enough, as hard as they were working, everyone we stopped by to say 'hi' to somehow managed to find time to chat and tell me about what they did there. It was so cool. Everyone also stopped Ms. S after our initial introduction to ask me if I was 'new here' and I think I disappointed more than half of them when I told them I wasn't. Poor guys... :)

Anyway, just as I was finished my tour, I was walking down the stairs when I passed some asian dude staring intently at me. At first I was just going to punk him off, look the other way, and keep walking, when something struck me about him. It wasn't the fact that he was strikingly good looking, or the fact that he was well dressed, or the fact that he walked with an air of confidence about him...there was something else...when he called my name it finally hit me...

"Q!!!"

Yay! It was Q!!! Where before he'd shave his head and kept a goatee, now he shaved his goatee and grew some hair. Good looking, let me tell you, ladies! I was so glad to have run into him that day. Mom had emailed him to come over to her office for a visit, but he hadn't responded in the time that I was there and so we thought maybe he wasn't coming in to work that day, but he did and I SAW him!!! Unfortunately, it was just as I was about to leave, so though I stood there for a bit and chatted with him, it was all too short. I promised to go visit (and I still will, Q) as soon as the school schedule let up a bit. I can't wait.

After that, I headed off to my own work. A day cut WAY too short. But at least now I can tell people what my mom does at work--a whole lotta NOTHING!!! They're all social butterflies there, I tell you...that's why I'm trying to get a job there!!!

No comments: