Saturday, October 19, 2013

What we did wrong

   "We spent all of that time worrying about what to do if BGoa showed up when we should have been working about Number1."

   "You know how at family events, everyone has 'that uncle?'" Well, Number1 is ours."
...

This Number1 managed to have a few too many and then proceeded to do things to peeve other family members during the reception.  He aggrandized himself to my in-laws, and then monopolized my photographer for his own, choice family photos--favourites only (funny, I wasn't in those ones...), only to then give the photographer a lecture about how he didn't know how to be a photographer, how he charged too much, and how Number1 could do a much better job himself.

To say the least, my photographer became one of those on the list that Number1 peeved that night.  In a moment of heated venting of words, I waved Brodder over to the head table for damage control.

   "DO something with him!" I hissed a whisper in Brodder's ear, motioning to Number1.  And I guess he did, because I didn't hear about Number1 anymore that night.

I told this story two months later to my co-worker who had his wedding just two weeks after mine; we were laughing, sharing the unplanned-event notes from our wedding.

   "So what happened to your uncle?"
   "I don't know, but I know that my brother took care of it."
   "Have you seen your uncle since your wedding?"
   "Actually, no, I haven't."
   "Maybe your brother 'took care' of it alright..."
   "Maybe I should ask him what happened..."
   "Maybe you should."
...

In case you're curious, Number1 appeared at Christmas dinner. :)

No comments: