Saturday, October 19, 2013

The WiFi

The data reception at the venue was spotty at best, but in the bridal suite, it was non-existent.  However, I noticed there was WiFi available and so I asked someone to see if they could get the password so we could stream some music.  Some time later, Brodder got an internet stick that he delegated Lingmon Guy to get working for us.  Some time after that last update, Lingmon Guy entered the bridal suite with only his phone in hand.

   "I'm sorry, I just couldn't get the USB internet thing to work on your laptop."
   "That's okay, no worries."
   "In lieu of the ability to stream music, I shall serenade you."
   "Aw, LMG, that's okay," I reassured him from my seat on the floor with my makeup artist, Charming.  As he made his way past us into the corner of the room she commented,
   "He's so funny."
A moment later, we heard LMG's voice.
   "When I was young..."
   "What?"
   "...I never needed anyone..."
   "What are you doing?"
   "...and making love was just for fun..."
   "Oh my,"
   "...living alone, I think of all the friends I've known..."
   "LMG, you don't have to do that,"
   "...when I dial the telephone..."
   "Is he singing?"
   "...nobody's home..."
   "Yes, yes he is."
   "...All by myself...don't wanna be: all by myself. Anymore..."

Well, we can't say we didn't have music.
...

Unbeknownst to anyone, when mom packed up the bridal suite, she found the venue's USB internet stick and, thinking it belonged to one of us, she packed it up and we brought it home.  It wasn't until we were packing to leave for Malaysia that I realized what had happened.  I sent at text to my ever-reliable wedding coordinator:

Me - we stole their wifi
Brodder - Oops.  It didn't work anyway.

True.

No comments: