Saturday, August 28, 2010

Signs

I had a long drive today. I wish I'd had a camera--any camera--with me. The signs on the road on the way made me smile to myself.

I was asked to break for snakes. I didn't see any though.

I drove by Joe King's Road. I wondered if it was just Joe King's Road.

I passed the road to Go Home Lake.

The drive left me with a lot of time to myself--something I haven't had in a while. Just time to left my mind wander; just time to think and ponder. I thought about holding on to somethings, and to letting go of others. About fighting for love, about giving into it. I went through the what-ifs, the buts, the if-onlys. I sometimes drove in silence and I sometimes sang along loudly to the songs. I had a coffee all by myself and I felt better.

I can't be sure, but I think the three-year mark is rolling around.

No comments: