Thursday, August 07, 2008

Again with intensity

It seems like some people are feeling the need to repeat themselves. Me too. Things tend to come to mind again and again when they mean that much to you.

If everyone knew this:
 

Men

Women

Driven By Ego Emotion
Need Significance Security
Sexually Microwave Crockpot
Pitfalls Making fun of a man Playing with a woman's emotions

(I hope I'm not outing anyone here), they might agree that the following quote was written by a woman who knew how to give a man importance:
I'm going to kiss you. I'm going to kiss you with tongue. I'm going to kiss you so you feel it. Okay?

Okay.

At the moment, I'm feeling a blend of the two gender tendencies: my emotions are driving me to want to feel more significance.
...

I'm going to a friend's wedding tomorrow after only a half a day's work, and I'm just aching to feel excited.
...

I'll repeat too:

Forgive me if I'm keeping you
Apart from better conversation
Hung up on all my doubt
Trying to sort the whole thing out
Tell me that I'm smart enough
To deal with all the information
Spinning inside my head
Every word he ever said

Maybe I can stand alone
Maybe I'm strong as stone
Even though the bird has flown
Maybe he'll fly on home

...

When my mom and dad first started dating, my dad loved going camping and so took my mother along; she followed enthusiastically to spend the time with him doing the things that he loved. Years after they were married, my mother stopped going camping when my dad took us kids--turns out she was never keen on it. She had never liked it to begin with, but went with him anyway because she loved him more than she disliked camping.

I like camping. I enjoy the outdoors. But if a same sort of sacrifice arose for me to make for the one I loved, I would immediately dive right in. That's what love is all about, isn't it?
...

What is the price of a loved one's smile?

I don't know, but I would do anything to see him smile.
...

I miss co-existing. I miss the comfortable silences which calm the thousands of thoughts spinning in my head. I miss being in the safest of environments where no matter what happens, I won't be judged. There are things in your life that you just NEED sometimes. Again, this is one of those times. What I had tonight was close, but it wasn't a sit-under-the-strings-of-Christmas-lights-cuddled-on-the-sinkintosofa-in-the-warmth-of-a-boo-in-the-SAC-office sort of moment. But close.

No comments: