Sunday, April 08, 2007

Song of the Moment: "Choux Pastry Heart" - Corinne Bailey Rae

Sometimes you win or sometimes you lose
I don't wanna lose you
Don't even own you
I just wanna stay right here
Until never dawns

...

Those are actually only the last few lines, but every time I listen to the song, it's that last line that I always hear, and it's also that last line that I like most out of the whole song. It's just nice the way she sings it.

But speaking of never dawning...it did dawn this morning, and I watched it happen.

Why? Why the heck was I up so damn early in the morning? No, as usually in a situation like this, I did not wake up to the early rays of the sun, I greeted THEM as THEY rose since I'd been up the entire evening and night before.

I stayed up all night. Playing Mah-Jongg. For money. With my Grandmother. Ohhhh YES.

By the time we finally called it quits, my Grandma had trouble walking because she'd been sitting soooooooo long.

Bro - "Man is she tired. After I walked her upstairs to her apartment, she thanked me and shut the door...with the keys still in the lock in the hall."

But I gotta say, it was an indescribably good time. Indescribably because most of the fun was in Chinese and some might be a little lost in translation. Lost in translation because my Chinese sucks.

The night was joined in on by Ehbaba and BouBou, Skinny, and SuperSayan. Them, plus some good food, Mah-Jongg and Wii was more than enough for an all-nighter to make your eyes bleed...which some might have. :) How's that for indescribable?

No comments: