Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Back to Hiroshima

I know, I know, today was Nara day, but I had a couple of things cross my path (well, one of them was following Squiggly's suggestion) that brought me back to Hiroshima. First, this picture that went against our Hiroshima slogan of "GO FUN!!!"


What party-poopers. Although, I don't really know who to blame: the sign creators, or the sign vandals? Whichever, it doesn't matter. We who were in Hiroshima are still going to five minutes GO FUN anyway!

Next, I thought I might give a visual confirmation of the fact that Tiger#6 is indeed a Universal Standard:


Coincidence that this 3 storey pagoda (I'm counting the antennae on top as its own storey) is EXACTLY 6 Tiger#6s high? I think not. Therefore, 1 storey = 2 Tiger#6s. It's perfect. Even though Squiggly's early estimation was slightly off (and only slightly) this picture provides proof that we are indeed onto something.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Don't fun?! Will my people EVER speak proper english? (but then again, it they did, it wouldn't be as fun for us now would it)

From now on, be sure to measure everything with the newest, coolest Universal Standard.

-T#6

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is the guy that ate the tasty potatoes at the keihan-zushi that made him waddle! for some reason I remembered this blog before I remembered your e-mail... and I'm too lazy to go get the paper... at any rate, nice to have met ya, and hope the rest of your trip was a blast!

dimps said...

hey mel,
nice to see that you've blogged more OUT of the country, travelling than you do when you're at home with no tourist attractions to take up your time.