Friday, June 10, 2005

Why is its name "Charlie" anyway?

Continuing with the idea that my brother uses the net to find the oddest things, this is the window that he currently has left open on the computer. But then again, maybe he's onto something...

Señorita and I had yet another girly day yesterday. I can tell because my wallet's about $100 lighter. Between a patio lunch (as she ogled the server-dude) and a stroll down Yonge Street, within just a few hours we BOTH managed to spend that much money. Who knows where it went? The only thing I regret about having spent that money so quickly is that had we been able to hold onto it a little longer, we both might have spontaneously spent that $100 (plus a little more of course) on tattoos for ourselves. THAT would have been interesting. But alas, it seems our spontaneous body scarring will have to wait until the next trip out.

Also yesterday, I played volleyball summer league and in a moment of defensive flailing, I managed to get myself one mother of a charlie horse.

(However, unlike the one that Pablo and Strawfairy gave to SiD a few years back, mine was by accident.)

Cutting out the thinking behind my move, I basically decided to run through the path of our setter to get into position and on the way, I misjudged the ball and instead of being out of the Shinner's (the setter) way, I got directly INTO his way--end result being that he ran full force into me and I into him, and I got his right knee (eww) full speed into my left thigh.

Holy mother did that hurt.

And it still hurts. I've got this huge bump (though surprisingly no bruise) on my thigh that it hurts to touch. I can still walk, though running is questionable, and jumping proves even more of a challenge. So guess who has practice tonight? Ugh.

1 comment:

melody said...

That's so cool! Thanks for the info! You're so great, Jef.