Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well, we at least we match

Remember how last week I was writing and complaining about getting a charley horse? Well, tonight's games officially marked the week of me still feeling the pain. I gave Shinner his distance tonight in an attempt to avoid a repeat run-in with him like last week's, but with me keeping my distance, someone else had to get a little closer...and that poor person was Shmelly.

Shmelly and Shinner were splitting the back court defence, and in a moment's miscommunication, both of them ran after and dove for the same ball. The consequence? Shinner handed out his second charley horse. His knee connnected firmly with Shmelly's right thigh.

After the games, Shmelly was limping over by the sidelines while I attended to him. Shinner came up to us to check on how Shmelly was doing. While he was with us, we reminded him of his giving me a charley horse on the opposite leg the week before.

Shinner: "Oh yeah! Heh heh...well, consider it an early anniversary present from me...free of charge!"

Haha. How sweet and thoughtful...and PAINFUL. But his right, he DID give each of us one...

No comments: