Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ending in E-Motion

So, what do you think of the new look? Not bad, huh? However, if you click back into the archives a bit, you'll notice that the pages start to get all screwy with funny coloured text and the links all missing whenever there are big pictures. But, whatever; these first few pages look alright and you guys aren't ACTUALLY going to scroll back to READ anything from the past ANYWAY. :p

YAY! Guess who got a new job today?! Starting April 18th, I will be working for Wendikiss at a place called Applejacks over on Bloor at Royal York. Exciting! I went in for an interview today at 4pm with the manager after having given Wendikiss my resume last week. He showed up a half hour late, hadn't read my resume yet, but still hired me on the spot...I don't even know if he knows my name! But that's alright...already I'm all excited to work at this new place--it looks really nice and like it'd be a lot of fun. I mean, I'll still be working over at the Easy, but I've got to be able to afford my relationship SOMEHOW, right? ;)

After my job interview and grabbing a bite to eat at the restaurant, Boobin met up with Shmelly and I and we all headed over to Healey's for Boobin's stand-up night. We had a TON of time to kill so we stopped off to explore Honest Ed's for the first time in ages. That store is AWESOME. Not only is it gimongous, but it's chock full of CRAP! And it's CHEAP crap too! Although I managed to keep my impulsive shopping to a minimum--although the talking Homer Simpson bottle opener was REALLY tempting, as were the 29 cent toques--I DID manage to get all twisted and turned about inside that we got a bit disoriented by the time we cashed out. But it was all good and fun. I think it's something I'd want to take a day to do again thoroughly, rather than just randomly running amongst the merchandise as we did today. Anyone game to go with me? :D

Huge sigh of relief: I handed in my last essay for this term today. I feel like this HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I personally think that the essay itself was pretty weak, but that's what you get from me when there are no texts to source from and there are no topics to guide me. It's the worst when at the beginning of the class, the prof tells you that your essay is going to be "about anything." It may indeed seem very liberal and freeing to hear, but trust me, it's not. :S

However, with my final papers out of the way, I can now sleep in and read my waking hours away in preparation for my finals: three in three days. Yay. I can't tell you how thrilled I am...*groan* Speaking of reading and sleeping, I think I'll go do a bit of both now. XO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it didn't take long for me to realize that u put an "emoticon" after every paragraph.

it also didn't take long for me to realize how gay it was.