Tuesday, February 08, 2005

And What Are YOU Doing?

Haha. I have an essay due, and yet all of a sudden I have time to write. That's the way it always is, isn't it? However, to my own credit, my working habits haven't been horrid as I have read about 400-500 pages of literature since Friday, and that's not including the pieces of my own writing that I've had to review over the weekend before handing in my various assignments. My brain hurts.

Walking Racing down the hall today on the way to class, I breezed by a loud bunch of co-ed conversationalists. As I passed them I managed to snag one precious piece of datum before getting out of earshot again. The too-loud, male outburst that I heard?
    "Masturbation is efficient!"
Nice to know.

I felt flattered on Sunday. Squiggly spent all of Saturday shopping in the States. Before his departure--as is customary with anyone's departure--I wished him a safe trip and told him to "buy me something nice" (thought I never actually expect anyone to follow through with anything but the former part of that wish). Upon his return, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Squiggly, knowing my natural affinity obsession for Nike apparel, bought me a new sports bra--swEEEt. But that wasn't the flattering part. What flattered me was that Squiggly bought me the bra in a size medium-large. Awwwww. The thought was enough, but that he imagined me to have boobs out to eternity was even nicer! I don't know what he was smoking, but whatever it was caused him to forget that I'm ASIAN and have no hope of successfully filling up that bra without about $3000 worth of help. Hehehe. But not to fear--it's Nike and therefore I will MAKE it work. Thanks for the sweet thought, Squiggly.

Speaking of sweet thoughts:

So sweet.

Earlier today as I was studying at the last available desk to be found in all of UTSC, trying to prepare this essay of mine. Seeing as this was the last available desk for miles around, it was of course so aptly positioned so that my head was three feet away from a garbage can. And not only was my head three feet away from a garbage can--you know, the kind with that little flap of a door that you have to push your garbage through and run before that little flap of a door has time to swing back to snap close and thereby touch you with greasy garbagy goodness--but this garbage can was of course overflowing with garbage. And yet, despite this fact, people still insisted to use this one receptacle to try to dispose their stuff in. Not happening.

From my prime observation position at my desk, I watched scores of students walk up to this thing, stop, analyze the overflow, and decide to carefully balance their waste on top of what was already spewing out of that little flap of a door. Think of Jenga, only backwards. So sooner or later, some sorry person (whom I got to watch come along) was going to have to try to jam their stuff and run before that door or the overflow touched them. Well, not only did this person pause, ponder, and actually decide to go ahead with the cram, but they failed miserably and then walked away from mess which they had caused...the carefully stacked tower of crap toppled, and then the little flap of a door snapped shut, batting back out the garbage that had been holding it open. Remember, all of this, three feet from my head. Pleasant, isn't it? When I finally got up, I collected up all my lunch remains, bid farewell to that poor garbage pile and walked ten more feet down the hall to the next garbage can--which was inexplicably empty--into which I dumped my stuff. THINK PEOPLE!!!

Alright. That's enough. Back to the essay. However, I thank you devoted fan(s) for cheering me on, and being so patient with me. Reading week is soon so hopefully that will mean that I have more time to write, but then I AM supposed to be READING that week.

p.s. Happy New Year!

No comments: