Friday, December 10, 2004

Yay

First final in T-Minus 16.5 hours. It's "The Victorian Novel"--3300 pages of reading for a single term, 40 pages a day, everyday for 12 weeks. Seeing as I probably read 1/2 of all the required reading, I have a bit of catching up to do before tomorrow. I used to think I was the fastest reader around; that no amount of reading could be too much for me to accomplish, no matter what the dead-line was. Ah, how university opened my eyes. Thank goodness for my awesomely detailed note-taking and for on-line study guides. Yay, the easy way out.

Don't those "I love you/No, I love you more" fights between couples make you sick? Ugh, I know. What was I thinking? ;) Yay, making people sick.

On my way to study, I got to have a hit-and-run coffee with Boobin and Squiggly. As much as I love those guys, I think it's unfair that there's two of them, and only one of me, and that we must fight over one man. Yay, guy on guy on guy gold medal action.

I've just learned to knit and have been knitting Boobin a scarf. I decided earlier tonight that my first attempt wasn't good enough for him and mom was nice enough to help me start again. She was about to give the started scarf back to me just now, but when she learned I had an exam tomorrow, she hightailed it back upstairs to her room with my yarn and knitting needles. She knows me and my procrastination tendancies too well. Yay, mother's intuition.

In the midst of typing this post, I heard a strange thump outside my side door. At first I thought it might have been Shmelly coming by for surprise visit after poker but then there was more thumping so I decided to see what the heck was going on. Turns out that those marvelously crafted Green Bins from the city are not as animal-proof as they initially designed them to be; there was a raccoon on my doorstep, digging into yesterday's leftovers.

My first attempt to deter him from his late-night snack was to bang on the window at him. I got his attention, but then he just looked up at me with those big dark eyes and tried to distract me with his cutest stare while he slowly dragged some scraps closer to him. I opened and closed the door a few times, hoping he'd fall for my bluff without my actually having to go out and chase him off, but instead of leaving, his friend came along instead. Great.

With all the thumping and door slamming, mom came down just in time to see me don my winter coat and dad's snow boots. Catching on to my intention of going outside, she armed me with a broom and off I went as she cheered me on through the window. Needless to say, my ridiculous armor scared the two bandits off and I managed to clean up their meal with a handy shovel before repositioning the Green Bin (damn that thing) into a less accessible posture and heading back inside to continue with my studying blogging. Yay, adventure of the night.

Now I'm hungry. Yay, procrastination via refrigerator searching.

No comments: