Friday, October 01, 2004

I'm Being Ed-ju-ma-ca-ted

So I'm taking this D-level literature course called "The Erotic in Victorian Poetry" and basically all we do for the two hours is read poems from the Victorian era and try to figure out what sexual innuendoes we can draw from them. I need not mention that we have a lot of fun with this class so, without further ado...

Quotes of the Class:

"As a friend of mine says, 'Beauty is only a lightswitch away.'"
...

Guy: "Well, in this line, the hourglass represents the woman and Love here is the man who is touching it and manipulating it--when read this way, we can see that the man is slowing down and controlling the pace of their sex.

Me: (bewildered) "Guys can do that?"

Girls: *high fives all around*

Guy: (beat) "Yes, yes we can...allow me to give you my number..."
...

Prof: "...so we can draw from the pace and rhythm of this last line that there's an urgency to his love that makes him yearn for her to be on top until he reaches his climax and point of ecstasy here. Okay, well, that's all the time we have for today, thanks again for a great class--time to catch your buses."

Guy: "Yep, and time again for the usual Thursday night cold shower."
...

Hehehe, yeah so it's only once a week for two hours, but I swear, they're the most animated and giggly two hours out of my whole week. :) Call me a nerd, but I'm going to have to say that I like going to school.

No comments: