Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Water-log

By the time it was over, there was water on the floor, the tub ledge, the mats, the ceiling, the toilet--there were wet indentations in the toilet paper roll and huge wads of it in the toilet itself.

I had noticed a spider on the ceiling AFTER I'd started to shower.  He was a mobile sucker and was making his way over my head where the shower controls and shower head was.  I tried to discourage him at first by flicking water up at him (water on the ceiling), but while it paused him for a moment, it wasn't enough to deter him and he continued to mosey on over the taps of the shower.  I really tried my best to ignore that he was there at all--I could barely see him without my glasses--but when he started to DANGLE from the ceiling, that was enough.

Out of the shower I flew (water on the mats), leaving the water running because there was no way I was reaching DIRECTLY UNDER the spider to turn the taps.  I grabbed a huge wad of toilet paper (wet indentations on the tp roll) which proved to be harder than you'd think with sopping wet hands--the water kept melting the squares.  Once I had an adequately gimongous mass of tp, I climbed back onto the edge of the tub (water on the tub ledge), aimed, and smushed the spider where he stood--upside-down on the ceiling.

Success!

I tossed the wad of a coffin down to the toilet below (water on the toilet) but missed (fail) because the wad stuck to my still wet fingers and changed the trajectory completely. I had to get down to retrieve the carcass (water on the floor) finally tossed him to his final doom in the can.

It was then and only then that I was able to finally return to my shower in peace.

Of course afterwards was when I noticed there was a spider over the sink...

No comments: