Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Better in the Sun

This morning was grey.  It was dreadfully grey.  Though I'd already slept in, it took a lot of convincing to drag my body out of bed.  Not even a peanut butter and banana sandwich could break my gloomy mood.  I set the kettle to boil before I plopped myself in front of the computer to open up all I had to work on for the day.  Two minutes later, I tweeted about the lack of sun and bailed back downstairs to make myself a cup of tea to try to melt away the cold blueness I was feeling.

Back at the computer, I had to plug my phone in to charge since I'd neglected to do so last night--it was then that I noticed that I'd missed a call from a long distance number.  Normally this would result in me crabbily deleting the notification and grumbling something about damn-telemarketers...but this one left me a message.


No way.  Someone wanted to talk to me about my resume?  My application to a job was actually viewed and viewed by human eyes?

I called Sandra back (though Sandra wasn't even a Sandra - thank god I'd actually taken a minute to LISTEN to the message) and we talked.  And talked and talked.  And as we talked, I swear the sun came out, even just for a little bit.  


If ever pathetic fallacy actually said anything about the moment, I hope it was this one.  

No comments: