Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More Gems

So a little while ago, I posted some Gems from Administration where my lovely administrative assistant would say things (I hope) she didn't really mean that sounded offensive.  I have a few more.

    "You wearing makeup today?  Look good!"
Why, because I look like shit every other day that I don't?

    "Oh, smaller lunch container--you on a diet?"
Do you think I need to be on a diet?

I know that she doesn't mean to be offensive, just like a delicious durian doesn't mean to reek, but of ALL the things she observes and decides to make comments on...
...

One more.

I make mistakes--I'm human.  I was supposed to create a spreadsheet to total a certain number, and instead, I typoed a couple of numbers and it was way less than I thought.  Nothing that can't be fixed right?

  "Wow.  This is not how much it is supposed to be."

And that was said indirectly to me as she reviewed the recalculation at the printer next to my desk.  Classy.

No comments: