Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Taking Care

When you go to see your foot/ankle doctor and you ask him "Is my ankle fat?" and he takes a look and can only raise his eyebrows in silence as he inspects you for a moment before saying "wow, that's fat," you know your ankle's fat.

    "If it's still that big in a few weeks, come back and I'll suck the fat outta there."

Comforting. Actually, he's really an awesome doctor. I can't wait to get my new orthodics.

Speaking of new, I bought myself the purse I'd been eying for a while. I. Love. It. So does Señorita. It's so nice looking, sturdy, AND functional!
...

    "When you get here, don't park in the driveway--park on the street."
    "Why?"
    "So that I can get my car out. I am taking care of you tonight."

And how!

My sister proceeded to take me out for my steak (ridiculously big--I'd made the pasta for lunch today), drinks, a delicious dessert I was too full to finish, and then wine back at her place before drifting to sleep on the couch while we contemplated life and love and everything in between.

    "You asleep? Alright, c'mon, let's get you to bed."

It was the pampering I'd needed from one who knew exactly how. Thanks.

No comments: