Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not like I used to

One perusing click and I'm catapulted back in to April 2005, when I made $6 an hour and where my biggest worries were my back-to-back exams and my missing volleyball. But the nicest thing about that time of my life--the long-ass blog posts.

With the coincidental exception of the last handful of posts, I feel like my pieces of grey-matter-vomit have been getting shorter and shorter and that makes me feel...wussy. Reasons for possible abbreviation of recent posts compared to long-ago posts?
  • I used to write on paper before posting electronically? Who knew how long my language-doodles could get in a class that didn't catch my attention?
  • I used to have exams. When I had to write papers, it was so much easier to write other things instead...like blog posts!
  • I had time to spend endlessly musing over life, love, and the universe as I thought I knew it (as opposed to spending my time studying).

Even this post that I thought would write itself as a sort of "those were the good old days" kind of post is finding itself falling a little short. Probably for the best, anyway. I'm in bed, it's late, and the cat is testing me for internal weaknesses, thereby blocking my view of the screen and of my word-count.

No comments: