Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From the Pronk'd past

Went through the drafts just now. Deleted one. Probably going to delete another, but this one I can keep to share. I feel like writing a whole ton, but I don't think it'll be postable. Maybe I should make use of my lieu day soon...
...

Internet's down at work again. Apparently the server's just being reset, but it sure is taking forever. Doesn't help that everything work-related that I could be doing needs internet access. Ah well--no better time to (try to) catch up on some good ol' fashioned hand-writing.
...

Being the overly optimistic person at I am, I accepted the challenge task of making a GIANT SIZED poster, even though I wasn't exactly sure of the specs and stuff I would need. 3 hours later (I was on a deadline), I'd learned how to, and had created my first vector image. 24 hours later, I was nearing expert-level and had finished my second, much better looking vector.

Next, was a website. I knew I could create one with online tools (hello, blog), and I knew I could make them with Google Sites, so I did. Then I was given a domain name and host ftp...and I spent all of Sunday refreshing myself on HTML from scratch. 4 hours later, I had that website up and running without a WYSIWYG in sight!

Alright, I'm a little full of myself at the moment, but I'm pretty darned proud of myself for meeting those deadlines and for being able to now do things I couldn't do just hours previous.

I told GB about it and she told me "I like that about you. You look at something and say, 'I'm going to do that' and then you do."

It's true. Look out, World, there ain't nothin' I can't do (that Google can't teach me)!

No comments: