Friday, June 11, 2010

Another chicken joke

Last time I was logged in to blog, I worked for a long time on a post about a funny incident that happened at work. I took the time to write in all the details about what happened, how it felt, what other people's reactions were. It took me a while. It took me so long, I didn't feel like I was finished. That meant I'd taken too long. Good stories are short and sweet and don't take that much effort or time, even if they ARE long. And so...
  • lunchtime at work
  • Shaggy and YourFace fooling around
  • I laughed
  • I snorted chicken up my nose
  • immense discomfort
  • trouble dislodging whole bite-sized piece of chicken led to panic, panic led to more immense discomfort
  • overwhelming emotional and physical distress led to desperate dislodging of the bite-sized piece of chicken
  • my throat, ears, and nose were sore for the rest of the day into the following

F'in chicken.

2 comments:

chιïкค •· said...

HAHAHAHAHA.

I just ran into this post. Made my day.

Short and sweet.

melody said...

In case anyone wanted to know what was too long:

Working where I'm working now, I get a lot of good laughs in a day. Especially when it's YourFace and Shaggy Jesus around. It's nice. For the most part, anyway.

Have you ever been caught off guard with a comment or a joke or just a funny moment so that you snort? How about while you were eating? Have you ever laughed unexpectedly only to snort and spray water or milk out your nose? Or food? I know I've done it with rice or even noodles once--I had to blow my nose really hard after in order dislodge and catapult the culprit food morsel into a tissue.

I thought those mushy morsels were uncomfortable enough...until this week.

I was quietly minding my own business at my desk, munching at my lunch. Shaggy Jesus came up to the office for whatever reason, and the next thing I know, something hilarious happens between him and YourFace and mid-bite, I not only laugh, I snort.

Usually, this is not such a horrible thing--I laugh, I snort a little rice, I blow my nose, and it's all good. But this time, it wasn't a little bit of rice. It wasn't even a little bit of noodles. Good heavens, it was a fricking whole bite of chicken.

I can't even remember what was even so funny to laugh about because the ensuing discomfort was just so great, that I couldn't think of anything else! I panicked. At first, I tried to convince myself it was okay, and that I could just leave it there until it came out on its own...but that was out of the question considering how uncomfortable it was. I tried the good old blow-the-nose method, but the chunk was so big there was no way it could physiologically work. So I turned to horking.

Horking is something I've never learned to do. My whole family consists of champion horkers, except for me. I tried my best this time though...to no avail. I continued to panic about the chicken up my nose while YourFace and Shaggy Jesus just continued to laugh (of course). Finally, with a combination of horking and then blowing my nose, I think I loosened it, and sure enough I soon found a large piece of chicken in my tissue...that I wanted to show someone, but didn't.