Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Crafty Success

I made my boyfriend cry over the weekend, and I was proud of myself for doing so. :) Thanks to all who helped me achieve the effect!
...

After random not-lunch-not-dinner sushi with Dimps on Saturday, we wandered over to the craft store, Michael's. OMG. I was in heaven.

I mean, it's not like I've never been to the store before--I've frequented it a lot, actually--but this was the first time (since Dimps got lost along the way) that I took a few moments to wander the aisles. Usually, I'm so focused when I run into that store. I know exactly what I need to finish my craft at the moment (and usually, it's a last minute thing) so I'm in and out in a flash (that's what she said). But this time, I saw everything.

You know, a whole quarter of that store (yes, a QUARTER) is dedicated solely to the art of scrapbooking? Oh man, like a chump I've been cutting out my own fancy shapes and stuff out of paper and magazines, when they have EVERY POSSIBLE size and shape of ANYTHING iconic that you could want!

And then there was the beading section...and the knitting section...and the accessories section...I left there itching to MAKE something. I guess that's what I would like to do if I could: craft and get paid for it. I would LOVE that. But the things that I make--though the product is well worth the effort-- take so much TIME, that there's no way that anyone could afford to pay me to do those things I do. I don't think so anyway.

If anyone wants commissioned work though, let me know. I'm slowly making my way through my knitted orders, so I'll have time soon!

No comments: