Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Couldn't litter

Okay, so this post happened, like, 3 weeks ago now and I just couldn't bring myself to delete it, no matter how much trouble I was having with finishing it (even though it was about a Susur meal). Long story short--it was delicious. Short stories short--we made fun of a girl all night for having worn a gown and peekaboo heels on a freezing cold night with an inch of snow on the ground.
...

The internet crashed at work, so I’m familiarizing myself with the keyboard shortcuts on my Mac. Command vs. Control. Would you rather be in a Command or Control environment? Hahaha.

I’ve never used FB Notes before because I’m a blog snob and won’t bother with them. However, it would appear that posting notes is fairly popular amongst those on my Friend List. I read a couple last night, and heck, darned me if they weren’t good! But, I’m still not quite the FB fiend, so I miss a lot of those, and I’m not a super creeper so I don’t frequent anyone’s page enough to catch them. Please get blogs. I like to creep blogs best.


Ah, right. So Monday I get a message from Dimps:

“So. Wondering. U and CrazyBF want to grab a winterlicious dinner tomorrow?”

The answer of course was yes, but due to a sudden rush of lethargy, I couldn’t muster up the energy required to peruse the pared down selection of restos that Dimps had prepared. When asked what I wanted for dinner and where I wanted to go, I just lazily left it up to her.

Until technical difficulties at work afforded me 5 minutes of surf-time the next day. Lo and behold…one of the options was a SUSUR option!

Dimps was busy getting her tooth worked on and hadn’t had time to change our reservations to Madeline’s (the Susur Lee restaurant).

“I am going to be [in the dentist’s chair] so will be unavailable to call later on. If you guys want to give it a shot, go nuts.”

And so I did. Table for 3 at 8:30pm that night. My taste buds couldn’t wait.

We got there, and while the decor was a bit much for the eyes, the food made up for it. What SUPER made up for it, was the surprisingly casual appearances of Mr. Susur Lee himself. I couldn't help but gawk.

"Guys! That's him!"

He come out of the kitchen a few times throughout the night--once to personally greet one of the other diners--and I was awestruck each time.

Back to the food.

Appetizers, mains, and desserts were in choices of 3. Amongst the 3 of us, we managed to land one of each of the appetizers, 2 of the 3 mains, and 2 of the 3 desserts. We even had the gall to order 2 other appetizers off the a la carte menu. Man, were we ever happy campers.

1 comment:

ehbaba said...

Did you know that Cam wears clogs during winter? I make fun of her EVERY time and this is pretty much how each of the conversations go:

S: Why are you wearing clogs? It's winter.
C: But these are winter clogs.
S: Just cuz they are lined with fleece does not make them appropriate to wear during winter.
C: But they're winter clogs!
S: Doesn't the cold air enter through the entire back half of the shoe?
C: No
S: What about snow? Doesn't your heel get wet?
C: No...it's got a bit of a platform. Unless the snow is too high, then I have to walk carefully or wear something else.
S: I thought you got rid of your clogs.
C: Yea, these are new ones.
S: They look exactly the same. You bought the SAME PAIR AGAIN?
C: Yea!