Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Refreshing

Tonight would have been a perfect night to runaway. The air was warm enough to not drive you inside; you could start a journey. The night was cool enough to feel crisp and fresh--to make you feel alive. The rain was falling just gently enough that you weren't drenched, but you felt like what worry you wanted gone was being washed away. A clean start. A deep sigh of relief. A moment of clarity. I didn't runaway, but I felt better.
...

There was a stranger in my car tonight. At least, it felt that way. There were so many words swimming around in the air between us tonight, but neither of us made an attempt to catch them to use them. It was probably for the better. If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. That's not exactly it, but it's pretty close. Isn't there such a thing as small talk anymore? If you're going to get personal, then at least try to know me before you judge me. I can't believe you still don't know me after all that time. There are some people who just know, and there are some who will never. I love those who do. I try to forgive those who won't but insist on trying beyond their reach.

I just know.

No comments: