Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Choice"

I spent the day working hard, but also carrying on an email conversation with my mother today. I was going to cut and paste excerpts from it--who knew my mother and I could such amusing exchanges--but then I realized that the ones I wanted to use were too incriminating and even fake-names wouldn't be enough to hide that fact. :D

Basically, what started off as a forwarded "Car for sale" message quickly turned into the latest family gossip and rants and raves which included a few choice phrases from mom:

    "... see if he'll toss in a few Gs!"
    "I don't have to tell him that you said that - I just have to forward this to him."
    "...what kind of bullshit is that?"
    "..can't wait! NOT! How stupid is that?
    "When you did the *roll eyes* thing - did they roll all the way to the back? Did it hurt much?"

I'd post my choice phrases, but really, after reading mom's, mine kind of pale in comparison. The summary of our conversation: we're thinking about the car, but barely living with the fact that you can't choose your family. :)

No comments: